Is it time to replace the windows in your home? Confused as to what style is the best fit? Awning style windows are affordable, energy efficient, and stylish. And, one of the best things about this window design is awning window sizes. These popular windows are perfect for those hard-to-reach areas and can work in any room of your home.
Keep reading for the benefits and features of awning windows to improve the look and feel of your home!
Awning Window Sizes and Benefits
What Are Awning Windows?
Awning window replacement is becoming increasingly popular in Canadian homes. But, what are awning style windows and what are their benefits?
Awning windows are those windows that are designed to open easily with a hinge on the top, so they open outward from the bottom of the window frame. They are ideal for protecting your home from rain and are an outstanding source of ventilation.
Awning Window Sizes
Standard awning window sizes are from 2′” to 5’5-7/8” in width and 1’8” to 3’6” in length. They are typically installed in bathrooms and in hard-to-reach areas of kitchens, such as above countertops, cabinets, or sinks. However, most windows companies are able to custom design this window style to match the style of your home.
Benefits of Awning Windows
Following are the primary benefits of awning style windows:
- As they are manufactured with sturdy glass, awning windows are great for preventing noise pollution.
- There is little to no air leakage due to the fact that the window screen is flush to the window frame. Their compression seal is far superior to weather stripping when it comes to energy efficiency.
- Their unique design will prevent bugs, dirt, dust, and other debris from entering your home.
- Awning windows provide outstanding airflow and natural light to any room of your home.
- They can be installed above or below other window styles, such as fixed windows, to provide added ventilation.
- Awning windows are sleek and stylish. These high-quality and durable windows can increase both the curb appeal and market value of your house.
- Awning windows are easy to clean and maintain.
- As they are typically installed higher up than most other window designs, they are hard to reach from the outside and are thus a safe option for those who are concerned with home security.
Features of Awning Windows
Here are some of the many amazing features of this popular window design:
- Can be equipped with enhanced locking mechanisms and sturdy hardware to provide extreme security.
- Awning vinyl windows are covered with a transparent glaze that seals the glass to protect it from severe weather conditions.
- Double and triple pane awning windows can be filled with inert gases to help keep your home warmer in the winter.
- Low E coatings can help lower energy costs and keep condensation from forming on your windows.
- They can be installed with a screen window to provide extra protection from the elements while still allowing for maximum airflow.
- Awning window designs can be custom designed to match the architectural design of your home.
- This style of window is designed with energy spades to conduct low heat, which will help keep your home at a comfortable indoor temperature all year long.
As you can see, there are a great number of reasons to install awning windows in your home. When it is time for window replacement, always look for windows that are Energy Star Certified for maximum energy efficiency. Both awning and casement windows can reduce your monthly energy costs a great deal while keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the colder weather.
Still not sure if awning style windows are the right fit for your home? Give us a call at Optima Windows and Doors. Together, we can discuss awning window sizes, features, and benefits to determine if they are the best choice for you. Call us today to set up a free consultation in the privacy of your own home. We will provide you with a free estimate for window replacement.